1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount parts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajracing81, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

So I got my ultramount ripped apart and had it sandblasted and powder coated . First question I have is the electric motor is rusty and want to paint it do I sandblast it? Also where's a good online site to get some replacement parts from my local dealer isn't worth a ****. I know more about the parts I need then they do. I went on rcpw.com and try end using the code "plowsite" to get 5% off like the ad says and it doesn't work!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

CPW is the worst. I live and plow around them and won't buy crap from them.

3. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

Ya I see there prices are higher that's why they most do the 5%

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I buy from esi trucks.

I'll buy cpw generic stuff for consumables

5. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

im shopping for a new Western plow and CPW so far has given me the best prices.. just sayin.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Check with regional truck 1st. CPW buys their plows from them. CPW is a sub dealer.

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

"First question I have is the electric motor is rusty and want to paint it do I sandblast it?"
    Can't help you with parts prices as I live too far away but I can tell you about your motor. Yes you can sand blast if but try to avoid getting sand in the holes and especially avoid the output shaft end bushing. After you blast it blow it out real good with compressed air to get as much sand out as possible. Of course you understand that the sand can interfere with the commutator, brushes and bushings so keep as much san out as possible. If there are large holes stuff some tissue in there or something to keep the sand out. Same goes for paint, plug or avoid the holes, keep the paint on the outside.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Don't even bother trying to sandblast it. So not worth "trying" not to get sand inside. Sure blow ir out real good. What about the sand that sticks to the grease on the bearing up top? Can't get that out
    Primer and paint that's about it

9. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

do you have a website or phone and address for them?

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just did a quick search and found it,,,its in alsip il.

11. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Regional truck 708 388 4060 ask for Jim or John 119 th street 1 block east of Cicero ave.