1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount on a K20

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajcoop20, Dec 1, 2014.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

My old k20 is still using a very very nice old cable plow, but for the next year im thinking of upgrading the truck to an ultramount, and either a MVP or a Wideout, The truck is a 86 and is mechanically basically new, all the wearable front parts are brand new and Top of the line aftermarket joints, ive invested a lot of money making this truck bulletproof. What would you guys recommend for a Ultramount set up and why on an older piece of iron like this
  2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I love my Wideout. 10' of plow really moves some snow.
  3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

i just worry a wideout would be 2 much on the truck, the frame is in great shape, but Im not sure it would handle that much weight.
  4. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

I run a 9.2 dxt on my 83 chevy k30. The truck handles it great! When the plow is lifted the truck only drops 7/8 of an inch. Not sure what the weight difference is between the wide out and the dxt, but my truck has a beefier suspension and frame just something to think about. Love the older chevys!
  5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

im sure you k30 is a bit beefier than the k20, do you have pictures of your truck that you could post, or email to me? did you have to retorfit a mount, or does boss make a mount for that. I guess western does make a mount for the older k20 trucks for the ultas, its p/n 63900