1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ULTRAMOUNT nto going on easy!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 96f250, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 96f250

96f250 Member

Any please help me i can not the the plow reciever to slide into the truck reciever at all. I have to line the truck up have one person push aginest the plow while i slowly drive the truck into it. It takes me almost a half hour to get it on yes theres a lttle rust but whould that mkae that big of a difference??

Thank You

2. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

When you pull up close to the plow do there truck receivers seem at the same height as the plow arms? Are the arms at an angle different than the receivers? Does it look as if it should go right in? Is the truck stock? Any sort of lift kit?

Are you off left or right at all with relation to the arms and receivers? Is the steering wheel turned at all when trying to push into the plow? I've noticed with mine that this can make it hard and that a slight adjustment left or right makes a big difference... My plow would sometimes slide on the ground if I was not dead on square to the plow frame.

Let me know.

3. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

You could try greasing the arms too if really rusty. With axle grease or something similar.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

make sure the lift ram is all the way down... it will let the forks move with out any excess weight from the plow chain having tension on it...I have found that this is my problem 90% of the time if I am having trouble mounting or dismounting the plow...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  5. 96f250

96f250 Member

I was told when the mount was put on it had a little angle to it so it would be easier for the plow to go on cause my truck has a 4 inch lift, but when i line up the truck everything looks linedd up everything at the same height, and it stars sliding in then just stops

6. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

same with me, i have to get out at try to push it on so the hooks can grab on, i did recently turn up my torsion bars so im wondering if thats an issue, but like u said, it looks lined up but it just doesnt want to slid in

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need to reset your height control on the plow. There are 4 postions depending on the height of your truck. By adding a 4" lift you defently are going to have problems. If the arms are not right at the right height forget about getting it to just slide in. Measure the truck mount height and then check to see what postion the plow was at. See the western owners manual on what settings it should be on for what height.