1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UltraMount no movement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sho_92, Dec 18, 2013.

1. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

I am having a problem with my 8' ultramount. The plow worked fine 2 years ago when I last used it. Changed the fluid this summer and went to move it a week ago and I get no movement from the plow as in up, left, and right. The pump runs, the s1 valve is good the s2 and s3 I can't tell if there working they do click If I put 12 volts to either but do not see any movement in them. I thought that it may have frozen up so I removed the motor pump assembly and set them in my basement for 2 nights put it back on tonight and still the same thing. When I hit the left, right, or up button on the controller my truck does tweek a little as it would if I was trying to angle left, but no movement of the blade. I know the truck side parts are good as my 8'6" ultramount has no problems functioning. Any insight would be really helpfully. Thanks in advance.

2. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

does the motor run when you put and input into the controller? if not its probably a bad motor

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

could be air lock
    Did it work right before you changed the oil or did you try it

4. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

Yes it worked when last left. How would it become air locked? How do I break the bubble if it did get air locked.

5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

When you changed the fluid did you move the plow side to side like 5 times then move it up and down/ push the ram down???

6. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

Not that I was present for. I drained it and refilled it.

7. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Like said above there could be air stuck in the lines if you didnt do that.

8. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

I'll have to give it a shoot these weekend when I get a chance. Thank you for the advice.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So the motor runs, but are you cking the valves for pwr when the proper function us being used?

10. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

I would have to assume the valves are getting the proper power as my other plow works normal. I use the controller when I'm trying to work on it. I pulled the valves out to check them and couldn't see anything move on the 2 and 3 but feel something moving. . The s1 I can see move.

11. dieselss

So your other plow works with this set up. But the plow in question does not.
    I still say ck for pwr at the coils

12. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

Had some time today took the oil pan off changed the o ring on the top of the pump and the filter. Then swapped the control wires from my working plow and have the same problem still. Everything looks clean inside the manifold as far as I can see. I guess its time to find the pressure adj. screw and try that. Now some times when the pump turns on I get a loud screech, not sure if that means the pump is going bad.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  13. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

Any update on this?

I am having the same problem with my ultramount... I bought mine in an unknown condition, but seems similar.

I have power to the motor, and the in-cab controller turns it on and I hear it running, but no movement out of the plow to any direction, are you guys saying to have somebody push buttons in the cab and probe the three solenoid wires on the side of the pump for a 12v pulse?

14. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

Yes that's what there saying I checked that the other day and still nothing. I'm going with it has a valve problem now just need to get it a little warmer for me to care to work on it and swap valves out of my other plow.

15. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Selenoid? hook up jumpers from battery directly to the motor and see if the plow moves. Don't keep the jumpers hooked up too long, just long enough to see if it's the Selenoid.

16. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

like I said, its most likely a bad pump if the motor is running..

17. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

I'm not going to say it's not the pump but I would like to be sure before I start "throwing" parts at it. I did take the pump apart and its all tight and doesn't appear to have any abnormal wear to it. I also can't see a pump working last time I used it then let it sit for 2 years and metal parts just went bad. I forgot to mention that the left cylinder is the only hose with fluid in it. its the only one that is getting fluid.

18. dieselss

Did you ck for pwr at the coils when you used the proper function?

19. sho_92

sho_92 Junior Member

yes there is power there

20. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

Are you getting the full 12v at each coil, or are you getting less? I am trying to track problems down on my setup.