1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount no low beams like everyone else

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CutnLawns, Dec 21, 2010.

1. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

OK have done search after search and read thread after thread and nothing seams to work and I seam to get more andmore confused everytime I read something so i am just going to list MY situation and the parts I have to work with and see if someone can help with my set up.

Here is what i have. 2003 GMC 2500hd. Western straight blade with Ultramount. Everything works but no low beams. I was running the yellow ISO module but after about 20 hrs it went out. Was told to get another so i did. Second "yellow" module quit. Was told I need the green lable so i did. NOthing and not even power to the controller with the green box. Here are all the parts I have so can someone help me find out what i need to do.

Yellow ISO Module
    Green ISO Module
    26345 main harness in port #1
    26357 harness in port #2
    26361 light harness in port #3
    26360 light harness in port #4

After reading some said I needed harness #26350/351 for my 03 and I even saw 26353/354 for the lights so this is why I am confused. If anyone can find the correct combo or the correct schematic that would be great. Thanks!

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The original mod, was it a 3 port or a 4 port?

Original mod, sure it wasn't a white label?

do you have a two wire or three wire (ex 4port/3wire)?
    Now you have a 4port (green label) and DRL system??

What do you mean "No low"
    Now low on the plow side? Or no low on the vehicle? or Low beam out on the passenger side (veh)??

When you had the first mod, did everything work before it went on you??

What made you think the first mod was bad..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

The yellow and the green ISO's mentioned are 4-port.

Have know idea what you guys mean by 2-wire or 3-wire????

It is a DRL system they work fine.

I have "no low beams" with the plow on...plow side. Plow lights only work with the high beams on.

On the first set up with the yellow box everything worked but the low beam plow side which is still my problem. Yellow boxes keep going out meaning no power at all. Was told I need the green box and when it is hooked up to the same set up i have nothing. No power to controller or lights.

Basically need to know what is the correct set up for my 2003 GMC 2500hd truck with a 4-port green label box and or the yellow box.

4. twinman326

two cables in front of the truck, or three cables in front of the truck ?

5. twinman326

Ok.You said no "power to the controller or MOD"??

The mod get it power from port #1, letter "C" which connect to the fuse box power only when you turn on the ignition key on.

The controller (hand held, or joy stick) goes into port #1 letter "D"

Sounds like you have no power to the MOD or the fuse is bad

Here is a schematic
    4portmodwires.jpg

Let me know what happen

4portmodwires.jpg

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're running the wrong headlamp harness's, that's why you're smoking Iso's. Need to either re-pin your existing harness's which I don't recommend unless you're wiring savvy; or replace them entirely with the correct 26351 and 26352 harness's so it's plug and play.

Doesn't matter which Iso your run, yellow or green but green is the newest.

7. twinman326

Thanks B&B for the info on the light harness.. At-least that straighten out..

Now let see if he got power to the controller..

8. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

Thanks B&B that is the info I was looking for.

Have power to the controller with the yellow box now but the brand new green box I have nothing. Will get the new harness's and see if the lights will work. Thanks

9. twinman326

When you get the new harness, let us know if you get power to the controller..

10. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

Thanks B&B you were spot on. Installed the new harness #26351 & #26352 and bingo everything worked as it should. Thanks a gain for the correct info. Just cost me a few hundo to get there but at least everything works now.

As far as power to the ISO module I always had it with the yellow box but was told I needed the green lable box so i bought that. That is where I ran into problems with no power to the ISO. The brand new green lable ISO mod does not work and I get no power with it. Of course it is electronic and soon as I hook it up I own it. Unfortunatley I bought $200 module that does not work.

Here is my final set up that worked out for me.

2003 GMC 2500HD
    Ultra mount with straight blade
    Has DRL system
    3-wire system
    4-port yellow label isolation module
    Harness #26345 power harness in port #1
    Harness #26357 plow lights in port #2
    Harness #26351 truck left side head light harness
    Harness #26352 truck right side head light harness

Thanks for all the help!

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you're up and running.

The green label was DOA when you removed it from the wrapper most likely because the only difference between a yellow and green is how it deals with the DRL's. Has nothing to do with anything else.

12. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

That is only what i can figure that it was DOA. Bad thing is that an electrical part is non returnable. Looks like Im out $200!

Going to ask the dealer if they will just exchange it and I'll keep a spare on hand