1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount mount install time

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieseltech, Nov 18, 2011.

1. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Alright guys, ive got all the electrical finished and now need to install the mount. Going on an 06 f250 and will be done by myself and maybe a helper if im lucky...what can i expect for an install time?

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A couple hours

3. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Ive never done an install before...always had it done due to lack of time but i have time to do it myself and would like to save a few hundred bucks by doing it myself. I am very mechanically inclined and should have no problem, i was just curious. Any tools that might make it easier? Floor jack etc...

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Nope it's pretty straight forward. Pull the bumper and have at it. Bolt bars will help. Did you get a hardware kit, or are you using your own nuts and bolts?

5. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Its a used plow but i did get the bolts with the handles from the dealer and all new hardware per the parts list as well as the bumper brakets.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ok great. With that, you will be set. Basic tools will get you what you need. Take your time and it'll go smooth.

Good luck!

7. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Got er done...thanks