1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount lights not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 4wheelposi, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 4wheelposi

4wheelposi Junior Member

Hi guys. I have an '02 F250 SD with an 8' Ultramount on it that was installed since truck was new. Everything was working fine, went to the fuel station last night, came out and plow lights will not work. I have no parking lights and no plow lights on the head unit. The plow still functions fine. My first thought was the connector was corroded or something but I pulled it off and both sides look great, I have religiously greased it every year. Anyhow, what is the best way to go about troubleshooting this thing? I think this was first year of ultramount and it has old wiring like the unimounts or minute mount 1's with the relays. Should I just try swapping the relays and go from there?

Thanks in advance!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well ck for pwr and gnd at the relays with the plow hooked up. But first, are trk headlights working normally?
  3. 4wheelposi

4wheelposi Junior Member

I got my hands on the mechanics guide for the plow. I am going to dig into it tomorrow with a meter. The truck lights are functioning fine and I can plow just no lights what soever on the headgear. I am thinking it must be a bad ground or something to that tune since it appears there are separate relays for high/low beams but not running lights blinkers etc. I get no click or anything when I plug the plow harness in.