1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount light trouble

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dirtboy953B, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

I bought a used 9'5 ultramount MVP got it all hooked up and every thing works great but the head lights,one will be on low beam and the other on high beam and it's the same on the truck when I unhook the plow,I unhooked the plow harness from the truck headlights and it works like it should.I'm guessing it's the ISSO MOD,any other thoughts?

2. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Does it look like anyone ever repaired the wiring harness and maybe got a wire crossed?

Also, what happens if you try to turn on the high beams?

3. Dirtboy953B

Harness looks stock,when you hit the high beamss they switch sides

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What truck did you remove it from and what truck was it installed on? Sounds like either an incorrect vehicle application component or incorrect connection on the lights.

5. Dirtboy953B

It was on a 06 Dodge and we put it on a 05 Dodge

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you changed both the head light plug in harness's to go from the '06 to the '05? The '05 has HB5's correct?

7. Dirtboy953B

I'm not sure what your are talking about but no.Is there different plugs I need to get to go to the 05'?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The '06 should have had H13 style head lights. Your '05 should have HB5's. Each takes there own specific head light adapters. The HB5 adpaters can be configured different ways...but only one way is correct. And if there not correct will cause the exact issues your having.

9. Dirtboy953B

So do I need new adapters? Or do I need to reconfigure the one that I have,Also how do I tell wich one I have? Thanks

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you never had to change the adapters to go from the '06 to the '05 in order to make the actual connections work/fit? Ok then, the '06 must have had the HB5 style lights as well (which some did).

So now that we've come to the conclusion that we're working with the HB5 style plugs....I'd say you have one of them connected backward. They can be connected one of two ways by simply flipping the connector plugs 180 deg, and it sounds like by your description you have one connected correctly, and the other connected backward for the HB5 configuration.

If you look on the plugs you should be able to see that their marked "HB5" on one side and "HB1" on the other. You need them all to be connected on the "HB5" side of the plug.

11. Dirtboy953B

Well I got to time to get the plow on and work on the lights and I still dont have anything working,the light plugs can only go one way they are like a half circle shape

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Whats the p/n on the head light harness?

Truck has HB5 head lamps correct?