1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount HTS

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by corkireland, May 8, 2009.

1. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Anybody here anything about this? If you quickmatch the newer silverado's 1500 (and other light duties I'm assuming), this is now an option besides the suburbanite? Is this a new plow that Western is planning on releasing?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

HTS - Half ton snowplow

" How many 2007 & 2008 model year half-ton trucks could the MIDWEIGHT go on, while still abiding by FMVSS?
    38% ... which includes only 4 of the top 10, and 15 of the top 40 searched vehicles

How many can the HTS go on, while still abiding by FMVSS?
    92% … which includes ALL of the top 40 searched vehicles"

Prior quote is from Western.

Will use ultra style mount, only available in 7'-6" blade, uses pro plus design with the power bar across the rear of the mold board, Scrape Lock is standard, Nighthawk halogen headlights are standard, OOOH, and it has a vented red light bar which is providing optimun air flow to the radiator, Thick cutting edge, delector, back drag edge, shoes and curb guard are options.

There you have it......

3. drpain09

drpain09 Junior Member

Oh

I just ordered one, will see it in july. I got it for my 09 silverado 1500 crew plow truck.

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

hts snowplow

check there website its on there already showing the video its a pretty cool looking snowplow i would buy one

AJA PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
    1996 ford f250 with 7.6 western unimount proplow

5. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Will this new plow fit on my old 1996 chevy 1500 silverado and if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay?

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes according to quickmatch you can use this plow on your truck. We currently dont have this plow listed on our website but we will soon...and Im sure the price will be as good as you will find anywhere

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

$3775.00 for the plow you need

8. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

I just sold some of my accounts and was thinking of trading in my pro plow for the new HTS plow. i have a 1500 crew cab chevy 05 and just wanted to take some of the weight off to make the truck last longer. Now i'm only doing 4 driveways. any thoughts?

9. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Well i think i found my first snowplow

10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If your only gonna do 4 driveways you might as well stick with what you have,my opinion of course

11. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

I was looking for an easier or a quick fix for not having to load so much ballast in the back of the truck. the plow is great and is in greaat shape. Kept in doors all year long and i clean and repaint the cutting edge every year. i had it since 06 and couldn't be happier. the truck is my daily driver and was a backup truck but like i said i sold my accounts and it included a 2003 2500 hd.
    thanks for your advise.

12. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i looked up everything about it and from what i can tell the midweight is more plow then again its also only 420 plows while the midweight is 540 so i guess its good for liht duty plowing.:salute:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

it doesn't look like a bad plow for those that do a few driveways and a small lot or 2

14. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

i just wana no if it would stand up to commercial plowing as good as my 8ft pro does i just bought a new truck and dont wana put that much on it but the hts looks perfect

15. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

im so excited for this plow

16. rizzohhh

rizzohhh Junior Member

just my opinion

i looked at the hts plow and i think the only thing it would be stong enough for is plowing your driveway. I would not plow anything commecial with it.

17. zeek

zeek Member

I was looking at the HTS first, it scared me, no chains, just a cylinder, I bought the mid-weight for my 09 ram 1500.

18. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

idk what the problem is, all boss plows have just one cylinder and no chains

19. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

fisher has a version of this and it's built much better in my opinion it looks to be built a lot stronger check it out and tell me what ya think

20. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

we have sold 2 of them now. seems like a nice unit.