1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount help 1997 Chevy 3500hd 4x2

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by deweypolice, Nov 7, 2015.

1. deweypolice

deweypolice Junior Member

Hello all,

I am looking for help in finding the proper mount and or way to modify a mount to work. I have a 1997 Chevrolet 3500hd 1 ton 4x2 dually dump truck. I purchased mount #67865 which my dealer advised is the proper mount. No such luck, went to install it yesterday and I have leaf shackles in the way where it would bolt on. I called the dealer back and they are stumped as well and stated they would have to make some phone calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If this project was at my shop I would be calling Western tech support with the VIN#. If anyone can provide the proper factory mount it will be them. If there is no mount available then we would fabricate one. I have built several for cab over Hinos. All you need to do then is identify the headlight type so you can install a headlight harness.