1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount fluid level question?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by weevensteven, Jan 12, 2015.

1. weevensteven

weevensteven Junior Member

Could someone please tell me what effect filling an ultramount with fluid through the vent cap, instead of the plug on the side, would have? Would this cause any erratic behavior when operating the plow? Thanks in advance, for any information.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Other than it takes a little longer, and no way to tell the exact level.

3. weevensteven

Let me clarify myself a bit. I meant filling the reservoir through the vent cap, to the very top. Way above the filler plug.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So you over filled it and wanna know if you did any damage?
    You may need to replace the breather due to contamination. Might have gotten some fluid past the pump seal into the motor....maybe. and maybe weakened a seal by the over pressure.

5. weevensteven

Thanks. One of my guys told me, this is how to fill them. I think it's time for a training session, and set these guys straight, before any real damage occurs. And I need to check our other plows. Thanks again.