1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount drl issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snerdy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. snerdy

snerdy Member

I have a 2010 GMC Sierra, I put the Ultamount on myself, Everything works as it should, except my low beams on the plow. It looks like they are running drl instead of low beam. I have a 3 plug port and three plug hook up. I did find a blue wire labeled drl that I couldn't find instructions for. Any help would be great!

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Is this happening during the time when is cloudy,or during the day? Or it happening at total darkness? Or all the time?

Is it a "blue" label mod, or a "green label mod??

Here is a link to the electrical schematic
    http://library.westernplows.com/default.asp?cat=250
    look for ;
    Electrical Schematics Guide: Isolation Module & Relay Systems
    it is a pdf file. down load it and look on pg 15, then look to the right..You will see the mod..

This pdf should help you out..If not let us know

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  3. snerdy

snerdy Member

Both day and night....

4. twinman326

Being that I don't have a lot of info from your post,
    Here is a link to a pdf Electrical schematic guide..Look on page #13-15, then look on pg#27
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html...ommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf

Here is another PDF. Look through it (download both pdf) it might help you
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html....com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/29206.06_071508.pdf

Also found this
    drloper.jpg

Without more info, this is the best I can do..Make sure your configuration is correct.I don't know if your vehicle has a control switch to shut off the DRL.

I don't know what kind of plow you have, or if you have relays attach to you system.. The more info you give the better we can help..Just keep in mind, if the vehicle is sitting in your driveway, and your checking the light, the drl will be on. If your driving down the road, and it is not dark out, the DRL will be on.The only time the DRL should go off it when the DRL sensor sense darkness.

drloper.jpg

5. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

i had the exact same problem, on my 05 you can put the high and low beam plow connectors (the ones that attach to factory wiring) on both ways. There were reversible for reversed polarity. It ended up being the high beams were back wards. My plugs said "A" and "B". Tryin flipping them around and see what happens.

6. snerdy

snerdy Member

It is a Western Pro plow Ultramount, fromm 2008, I tranfered it from My Dodge to my GMC, I have a 3 port 20970-1 control mod, 28400 light whip with module. I will try to reverse the adapters for the low beams tomorrow. The GMT900 trucks are a pain to wire as I have to remove both head light assemblies. Thanks for info.

7. twinman326

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  8. snerdy

snerdy Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info!