1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount Dodge no high beams on truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by John_DeereGreen, Nov 3, 2011.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

As the title states, on my 04 in sig, with no plow on the truck I have no high beams. They try to come on and are very very dim but don't actually light up.

When I flip the switch to go from low to high, they try to come on and the "lamp out" indicator on the dash goes out. When I go back to low beams everything works fine, but the "lamp out" indicator comes on. I just found this problem a few minutes ago, so I haven't had a chance to check high/low on the plow yet...

Any advice? Thanks!

2. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

You have the connectors that go in the headlight socket reversed. Don't ask how I know

3. John_DeereGreen

I believe there are 2 connectors on the plow harness...I need to switch those connectors?

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

yup, the connectors that are in-line with your headlight connectors, they have 2 ways of hooking up, on my 04 you could 180* the connector and plug it in that way, theres two ways for different bulbs.

5. John_DeereGreen

Switched them around, everything works perfect now.

Thanks!