1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount changed?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cj7plowing, Aug 5, 2014.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

got a new dodge and called to get a price on mount and wiring and was told the mount is new now and wider than the older. is this true??? I know the wiring has to be the older without the security stuff but I didn't think they were changing the mount

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Idk we put a new one in the old receivers.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There is the new "ultra mount II" but to my knowledge the changes are only on the plow and they are cross compatible. Physically, an original ultra and the ultra II can be interchanged.

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

We put ultra 2 in 1 receivers. But ultra 2 has fleet flex, not sure if any ultra 1 mounts have fleet flex

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

WO and MVPplus have been Fleetflex since 07 or 08 I think. Even before the used that term.

My current set up is from 08. It ran my WO, plus and the new MVP3.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

As far as I know old fleet flex and new are cross compatible too. My Wide-out was one of the first, it didn't have the fancy pin code security and one or two other options but that doesn't matter. The controls and everything work, you just can't use the missing features. They are like "software upgrades" not hardware.
    That being said, fleet flex or "multiplex" controls will not work on the old three wire system. Multiplex means all control signals are sent down a single wire as unique frequencies like radio stations. Multiplex / fleet flex has only two plugs at the grill. One plug for all the lights and the other plug for battery power & multiplex communication. In this case the power plug is hot all the time (unswitched so there is no relay / solenoid under the hood) and it has four pins, two large for power & ground and two small for multiplex communication. The older non multiplex had three plugs, one for lights, one for controls (one pin for each valve) and finally the switched battery power cable which has only two large pins.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, you don't have to worry about Ultramount vs Ultramount2. Ultramount2 is just an improved version of the liftframe area. Nothing on the mounts changed.

When they mentioned that you needed a mount because it was wider, they may have been talking about that the frame of the truck is wider or something.

what was your older truck?

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

yes,they made changes to the lower lift frame area and the pivot bar