1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UltraMount brush guard

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ff1241, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Dose anyone make a brush guard that will mound into the Ultra Mount system? I want to add one for the off season. A brush guard has saved me quite a bit of $$$$ and insurance claims form Wisconins critters who don't look when they cross the road.
  2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

If you find let me know. I have been waiting for one since the ulramounts came out.
  3. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

me 2! hopefully dd will see this!
  4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Just build one
  5. Chipper

Chipper Member

You can just put a grille guard on there is enough room to clear the plow. Look closely at at this picture.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

funny you should ask. we modify any brush guard to fit the ultramount receiver within reason. we also offer a winch mount that can plug into the plow side battery cable. we have dreamed up many more apps, which we will try in the future. anybody have a specific need for something else?
  7. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Do you Have any pictures of the ones you made?
  8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i had a bunch of pics of the brush gaurds but the were lost due to hard drive crash. we take an existing brush gaurd and modify it to fit the ultra mount using some factory western mounting plates. they turn out really nice.
  9. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Definately doable. A buddy of mine built a weight bracket that slides into his ultramount brackets (not the recievers) for pulling his truck in the summer. Pretty slick.
  10. firefighter9bfd

firefighter9bfd Junior Member

Do you have a website or something?
  11. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Id like to find more info about that too
  12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

There a guy around here has one He made it fit I think its a bull guard or a grill guard