1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount angle slow to stop

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jhenegh, Dec 3, 2013.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

I've got a new to me relay style Ultramount and it works fine, but when you're angling and want to stop the blade other than at the stops, it just drifts to a slow stop rather than stopping crisply. It makes it hard to set the blade just straight forward. Do I have sluggish plow relays or sticky valves?

Thanks

2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Soft Stop

If you have the handheld control then that is normal for that plow. It is called soft stop. With some of Western's newer stuff that feature can be toggled on and off. If you really hate the softstop, you could purchase a joystick style control as that has the hard stop as the default.

Take care,

jeff

3. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

Wow never would have guessed that! But if that's normal I'm fine with it. I'm just looking to check over this plow as best I can before using it. Which may be the end of this week...?

Thanks