1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount angle problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by obrut, Dec 10, 2008.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 7.5 ultramount pro poly with a hand held control and this seems to happen more and more lately. Here is the probelm, if the blade is in the air and just about straight, if I press left on the controller sometimes it will go right first, then jolt, then go left. It does it to the right sometimes too. Up and down works fine and I haven't noticed any other problems. I did a search but don't have enough time to read through everything, thanks for any help.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

normal for a handheld.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only if it's failing. Not normal otherwise.

Your S3 valve is slow to open for one reason or another. Does it ever hesitate to raise as well? In other words when you press the raise function has it ever strained against the pump for a second..and then raised?

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

B&B, no never a problem raising up.

Tim

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it never misses a beat on the raise function then it's a controller issue. They usually die completely or get worse not too long after that. ;)

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Take it apart and under the red rubber part there are metallic contact pads. Clean them off with some alcohol and then see what you have. Just a suggestion.