1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultramount angle issue lifts plow when angling

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bwbigred, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

well i just got a used ultramount pump cause someone stole one off a plow we had outside and i hooked it up, it raises and lowers fine angles right and when i hit left angle it raises the plow and slowly falls any ideas ?? celonid issue?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Connection, S2 Valve, or bad controller.

Check your connection from ALL the valves, to all the way to the controller. If you have fish stick, make sure to check where the cord plugs into the PC Board itself.

Check for magnetic pull on all the valves....especially the S2 valve.

If still a no go, pull the valves and clean them up, pay special attention to the S2 valve.

When you raise the plow using the appropriate control function....does it hold, or does it still drop?

3. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i have the handheld controlled tried it with a different one and it still did it i will pull the cover tomorrow and check valves what is the best to clean them with

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I use brake cleaner when cleaning them, then re lube them with FF before I put them back in.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

That is so rude that someone could just take something that doesn't belong to them..

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

....Says you my friend! I make a living of stealing people's sh!t lmao!

How goes it Twin, have a good summer?

7. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

thanks for the help the valve was stuck cleaned it up and it works great now!!

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Awesome! Happy plowing man!