1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount adjustments?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chevguy6809, Nov 29, 2014.

1. chevguy6809

chevguy6809 Junior Member

I have heard/read of people adjusting or having their plows adjusted for their truck. I obviously missed that step in my learn on the fly mounting of my plow...how do I know if its correct or incorrect? Things to look for?
  2. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Your a frame should be level. Read your manual for the correct setting depending on the height of your truck
  3. chevguy6809

I dont have a manual, and all i could find online was mechanics guide and that doesnt show it. Would you happen to know if there is a link to one online? Appreciate the help!
  4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

What type of plow do you have exactly? Straight blade, series 2, V-plow? They all use a series of different assembly configurations depending on the height of the truck mount. But V-plows also require an adjustment of the T-frame as well. Tell me what plow, and I can give you the link to the proper assembly and adjustment instructions.
  5. chevguy6809

I have a 7'6" Pro Ultramount
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Look closely at the configuration plates, look at the bevel on them for orientation.

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Essentially what you want is for your a-frame to be parallel to the ground. (level as said above) If the a-frame slops down from the truck the plow will lift the truck when you hit a pile, if it slopes up it will push the truck front end down. Having this angle off also changes the "attack angle" of your cutting edge and changes the way your blade scrapes.

Different models of Western plows have varying numbers of elevation options. HTS has an adapter, or not (two levels) all the new Ultra-2 models seem to have three holes for the pivot pins, which set your configuration. The previous generation, Ultra-mounts had four holes. In every case the goal is the same, to get the a-frame as level as possible. Note that this configuration is based on a new cutting edge so if you cutting edge is badly worn the a-frame may slope down slightly even with the correct configuration.