1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultramount 9 pin

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pressedun, Nov 26, 2012.

1. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

Here's the deal, have a 9 pin Western Ultramount plow that needs to go onto a 2004 Silverado 3500 with the HB3/HB4 headlights and I'm just trying to figure out what I need on the truck side to make everything work. I have done a lot of searching and haven't really come up with anything yet... all I've seen is possibly using Western P/N 63392 that has the wiring and relays in a kit.

Would that fit my '04?

If not, what do I need?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A 63392 kit isn't correct for 03-up GM. One, it's for 99-02 GM with the positive common headlamps, and two, it's 9-pin. A 03-up should be run with a 12-pin system (63078) not a 9-pin. Which of course means you'd need to change the plow side over to 12-pin too.

Or pony up the coin and update everything to the at least non-obsolete Isolation system.
  3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

If you already have an older harness you can make the 99-02 harness work by switching the pins in the headlight connector around, but if you have to buy a harness anyway you might as well upgrade, i cant imagine it being a whole lot more. The 9 pin relay systems can be a pain.

My plow came with a 9pin and truckside for an 02. I wanted to keep the 9 pin since my buddies plow is a 9 pin as well. If either one of us needs the others plow, we can just grab it. Like i said i just reversed the pins at the headlights and its working fine, unless theres some unforseen problem i dont know about! haha
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I have to upgrade the plow to 12 pin... might as well do it right!
  5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

if you can find 12 pin wiring for the truck (64077 kit), and don't change the lights on the plow, everything will work except the high beams on the plow lights. that doesn't bother most people.
  6. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

I ended up finding 64077 and 64078 for the plow and truck, think I'm good to go!