1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra_"on" light will not light on handheld

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DGODGR, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have an Ultramount MVP w/ 4 port isolation module. The "on" light of the handheld controller will not light up, and none of the functions are working...but the "back light" of the handheld is on. This makes me think that I have power, and ground to the controller. The plow worked in the morning (got my employee to the yard) but will not work now. Fortunately the plow was down and he was able to leave it at the yard. He told me that the plow did not want to work in the morning, before he came to the yard, but he wiggled the red wire, where it connects at the fuse panel, and the plow began working again. He raised it, came to the yard, and lowered it when he parked. Nothing after that. Jiggling the red wire is not helping now. There is power to the red wire, and the backlight on the controller is on. The controller "on" light will not work, nor do any of the bottons/functions.
    I would appreciate imediate help as it is snowing now.
    Thanks.

2. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I still need some help on this. I checked all the ground connectors (orange/black) and they were connected and not corroded. It seems to me that the system is not recognizing that the plow is hooked up. That is why I suspected a bad ground.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Sorry the link is not working for me. Are you refering me to the mechanics guide? If so, what page (I have already downloaded it)?
    I am I checking power and ground where the wires connect to the PC board inside the controller?

5. dieselss

No ck the wires at the clicker One should be pwr and rest are gnd.

6. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

My appologies but I'm going to have to ask for a little more clarification with the terminology. Should I be checking the wires at the plug end for the CabCommand controler? Truck side or controller side? Otherwise, please defien what you mean by "clicker".
    In your first post you provided a link. Waht was that to? I have a copy of the Western "Mechanics Guide". What page should I look at to help explain what you are suggesting?

7. dieselss

sorry controller=clicker
    yes ck the wires in the cab at the connector they are plugged into
    goto westerns website.....click parts and service.....service publication libary.......most popular downloads......2nd one down.
    that was the link i tried to provide,,,,dont know why it didnt work
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf
    page 33 is where im looking btw
    not sure if the link is working or not so i just tried it again