1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by smudge122, Jan 14, 2012.

1. smudge122

smudge122 Junior Member

I'm having issues with 3 year old ultra. I pulled the plow out for the first time this year and it worked fine for the first 20 min but then when trying to lift or angle plow there is a heavy power draw on trk and plow moves very slow. At first thought it was the motor so i had it checked out and was told it was fine. Still thinking it was a electrically issue i checked and replaced all battery cables "plow and trk side" and trk side solenoid. Still same issues. For grins i tried a buddies trk and it showed same symptoms...slow lift or angle and heavy draw. Fulid is new. Filters are clean. Pump spins my hand freely. Could it be something in the valve body or could it still have bad motor? This plow is really only used for a few driveways and is in near mint conditon. :confused:
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you have your batt...and alt checked??? if your buddies plow is doing the same thing with your truck then it seems as if its your truck
  3. smudge122

smudge122 Junior Member

I should have clarified. My plow on his truck. So I know it's the just not sure if I should trust that the motor is bad or there is something in the valving that could possible deadhead the pump and cause the motor to draw so hard.