1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra-Mt on 2010 Ford SD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2005DMAX, Feb 14, 2011.

1. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

I have an Ultra Mount on a 2010 Ford Super Duty. I tapped the controller power wire into the back of the power port on dash because I couldn't find an accessory circuit. Now the controller runs the battery down if I don't unplug it. Does anyone know where to find an accessory circuit to tap into on this truck?
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Use a test light with the key off and find a lag inside the fuse box that is not power..While you have the test light on that lag, turn the ignition key on and if that lag power up, use that lag to power up the controller..
  3. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

use the fuse box under the hood. its marked acc not used.
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Near the upfitter blunt cut wires you'll find the SEIC/PTO blunt cut wire bundle. The purple wire is switched with the ignition and is fuse for 10 amps.

Just my .02¢
  5. beezil

beezil Junior Member
    from chicago

get an "add a fuse" from any parts store. I tapped into the #50 spot on my 2011

I messed around trying to find a spot in the interior box, as its just become a habit.

under the hood box is simply easier.
  6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

At our shop we tie into the fuse box on the driver's side fender under the hood. We use somethign similar to the photo above. Just find a hot wire when the ignition is one and tie into it.