1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra Mt lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 1969 Hemi RTs, Nov 13, 2011.

1. 1969 Hemi RTs

1969 Hemi RTs Junior Member

can anyone tell me what lite harness P# for my 2005 dodge w/an altra Mt 8' pro? It is used and was on a 2006. it doesnt seam right to me. question is does it plug directly into the lights? or down the harness? this harness is definatly not for this headlight sys. lpugs are differant! Ram W plow 001 [800x600].jpg

Ram W plow 001 [800x600].jpg

2. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If it's three port isolation module stuff, the plug in harness itself is 28930. If you need the whole harness kit, it's a 29050. If the stuff is off a 2006, it should have a 29070-1 green label module... The module will work on your 2005, the plug in harness won't.

4. 1969 Hemi RTs

Thanks. I went to my dealer and bought the harness. it pluged in but I still have no headlights on plow. truck lights work. checked fuses and all connections. all in great shape. also used the dielectric grease. Any ideas?
    Kevin
    Thanks in advance.

5. cubicinches

Did you splice the wires in the plug in harness into the truck parking lights and turn signals? If so, do the parking lights on the plow work?

6. 1969 Hemi RTs

Yes, but not the paark lights. I was going to leave them out of the equation. Do they have to be hooked up? I did not want any cut & splice wire on my truck!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. cubicinches

Bingo! Nothing works without the parking light circuit.

8. 1969 Hemi RTs

do you know whitch color wires I need to attatch them to?

9. cubicinches

Brown wire in the drivers side plug in harness splices into the truck's parking light circuit. Just turn on the parking lights and use a test light to confirm which wire is hot at the parking lamp.

EDIT: Ooops. You're using a 28930 harness, the wire won't be brown. It will say "park" on it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  10. 1969 Hemi RTs

Thank you for your help. I think a trace of snow is on the coming sat. here!