1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount won't angle when all the way up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by trod81, Jan 20, 2014.

1. trod81

trod81 Member

Like title says, ultramount plow will not angle when all the way up. Just did a fluid change. Took reservoir off. Cleaned out reservoir. I can put the blade all the way down and it will scrape the **** out of the ground. I can budge it down and hair and it angles all the way left or right. If that plow is up all the way, it won't angle. Suggestions? Is it supposed to do this? Thanks

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Well did you bleed it when you changed the fluid?

Is it full?

3. trod81

trod81 Member

I only bleed one side. The other side hose looked pretty bad and local western store only had one hose. I unhooked one from the ds cylinder and moved plow back and forward. Took off reservoir and cleaned it out. Put it back together. Filled it up to fill plug. Moved the plow around a lot left right up down . Topped it off again. Repeat . Topped it off again. Problem still occurs. I can put it on the ground all the way on dry pavement and angle it left and right. All the way up, no go

4. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Was everything working before the fluid change?

5. trod81

trod81 Member

I feel really stupid for this one but feel like maybe I can help someone else out. The drivers side Hose was getting pinched!!!! Thanks guys. I'm just starting out doing this. Gonna go out with my brother and have him help me knock on doors and pass out flyers.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

We all start somewhere. Wish I had the internet and new of plowsite when I started plowing.

7. trod81

trod81 Member

Yeah I didn't know a darn thing about plows. With skittle common sense and the internet, I hooked it all up my self from mount to wiring and also changed fluids and cleaned reservoir. Only thing I messed up so far was not seeing that line pinched. And my keyed source for my controller wasn't getting enough volts.