1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount Wiring??????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bignyla, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bignyla

bignyla Junior Member

I have a 96 Dodge ram I had an uni mount on ther but a friend of mines old me a few bucks so he gave me an ultra mount plow got the mount on and realize that its a 3 plug system what can I do to convert my truck over to a 3 plug without changing the complete wiring harness which can be really expensive......thanks

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You could probably buy some repair plug ends for the truck side (three plug) and jerry rig them into the existing wires. The main power plug should be the same but the other plug, on the uni, will have the lights and the control wires combined into one plug. The new ultra mount isolation module does exactly the same thing switching the lights from truck to plow. The only difference is the iso module is intigrated into one neet box whereas the relays are loose. The control still runs on the same principal. There will be three control wires and one common ground or common positive (doesn't matter which). The coils on the valves are exactly the same and draw the same amount of power on the ultra as you uni did so that is not an issue. Your controller will work fine as long as you hook it up correctly.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I might have to disagree with you mishnick. The coils are positive switched, not ground.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That depends on the plow, some have common positive and others have commn negative, but the point is it doesn't matter which way the power goes through the coil, if they are energized the valve will transition.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Get a unimount wiring harness.

All the ultramount and unimount coils are all the same wiring. Unplug the 3 plug wiring and plug in the 2 plug. Keep your truck as a 2 plug