1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by onthern, Nov 21, 2011.

1. onthern

onthern Junior Member

can someone shed some light for me as ive called some places and they were not that helpful. i have a 2005 f250 6.0 diesel. i have a wire harness for a 2008 f350...will that connect correctly in my truck. id like to know before i get started. thanks for any info anyone can give me. thank you!

2. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

The headlight harness would be the only thing that might not interchange. I'm pretty sure it will but check Western's QuickMatch to be sure. All the other wiring will work on either truck.

http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp

3. onthern

onthern Junior Member

Ok thanks andrew! So all I might have to change is the headlight harness...maybe u can help with my second question....I have after market hids in the front...they take like h1 bulbs...how do I know what harness might work?

4. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

According to quickmatch both trucks have the same headlights so all your wiring should change right over.

Sure your hids aren't H13 bulbs? That's what the truck originally came with.

5. onthern

onthern Junior Member

I bought the truck with the hids and looked up the lights online and it said h1.....but I def check as soon as I can...ill keep u updated and thank you for your knowledge...

6. onthern

onthern Junior Member

i checked today the bulbs for the hids are h1 and h3...so if you have any info on this for me let me know...thanks...will the harness work?

7. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

You have 2 different headlight bulbs?

8. onthern

onthern Junior Member

One for the high and one for the low...they are aftermarket headlights hids....ones an h1 and the other an h3....I'm lost lol

9. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

Sounds like you're going to have to do some custom wiring to make all this work together. The wire harness for the 2008 should work with the OEM lights on your 2005. Since the lights have been changed out to an aftermarket HID setup I'm really not sure. I'm sure somehow you can make it all work together, just hard to say what exactly needs done.

Find a buddy that's good with electrical.....Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

10. ben@g2g

ben@g2g Junior Member

Most likely there is an adapter to go from stock wiring to the HIDs if they were installed correctly. So you would plug your stock wiring into the western harness you have, then the western harness into adapter for the HID ballast. Otherwise if they cut off the factory ends and spliced the ballast in then you'll have to splice the western harness in as well.

If they really are HID's just make sure you connect the harness before the ballast, and not at the bulbs.

11. onthern

onthern Junior Member

got it all working...thanks for the help fellas...