1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount wiring for uni mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Oct 2, 2008.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

will the wiriing harness for a ultra mount work on a uni mount? I am looking at this plow for a friend. and I found a unimount western. but I can only find the wiring for a ultra mount.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not usually. Most (depends on the specific plow) Ultra's are three plug. Most Uni's are only two plug.

You can however switch all the plow side wiring on the Uni over to the later three plug. A bit expensive, but do-able in a pinch.

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

what type of truck do you want to put the unimount plow on?
    some truck types have to have an isolation kit.
    most trucks can use the relay wiring (unimount). It really depends on what truck you want to put it on. If you are putting the unimount on a Ford, you can get it to work except for the new 08's. Some of the early Ultramount's had 2 plug systems that could work for you, just make sure they have the same number of pins (9 or 12). Let us know some of the answers.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow is 2 plug...

Can't tell on the wiring harness, but it's not critical anyway if it's for a 99-02 like the seller claims, so half the harness wont do you any good anyway if your installing it on an '05 as the head light plug in harness's are not the same.

6. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

B&B got a Question I have a Ultra Mount on my 2001 Chevy 2500 Relay wiring. I just wnt out and pick my used blade up today. The plow harness is Diffrent that the truck. My Wiring has Equal Pins all te way Down and the New Plow has 1 Less on the Top. What can I do. I just put $300 In to the wiring on My Truck... This Sucks.:-( Thanks

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So your saying you wired the truck for 12 pin (two plug)...and the plow only has 11 pins? Sounds like it has a pin broken off on the plow side by your description.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008