1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount straight blade -raise speed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kingriver, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I am trying to figure out why my western ultramount straight blade is have a struggle lifting it self up, just started yesterday morning. things I have done,
    removed canister, cleaned filter, new fluid (looked fine to start with)
    removed #20 cartridge and replaced with new one
    different controller

COULD THE MOTOR BE POSSIBLY THE PROBLEM, the left and right functions are fast and proper -- the motor seems to operate fine for these two functions.

any help would be considered and appreciated !

thanks
    Kindly

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Locate the quill screw and adjust it accordingly. I dont know which way to turn it

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The quill is only for drop speed. Possible that either the motor is bad, or the pump is going out. Is it making any bad noises while going up? Remember that going up takes more hitch in the giddy up to raise it than angle it. The best option would be to put a psi gauge on the up cylinder and see what she's putting out. There is a pump adjustment inside, so you would have to take off the resivor again.

4. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

it isnt making any bad noises when lifting,
    I dont mind having to remove the can again, but first I am going to change out the motor tomorrow with a new one and see, if not I have another (new) pump -- less the cartridges.
    (where would one look for the adjustment you speak of)

thanks kindly

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

6. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Just replaced the motor,,
    seems to have fixed the problem
    thanks for the info

k