1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount stand adjustment.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Buckeye Chuck, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

When I go to put my stands down, sometimes there isn't enough room to put them down. How do I get a little more play? The pins are in the third hole, where they should be for the setup. It seems like when you swing the stand down all the way when it locks, it should be off the ground slightly until you stomp on it.
  2. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Yes when you swing the arm down you should have around 1/2" to compensate for uneven terrain. I'd talk to the installer, maybe take the truck in and show him what you mean. Just what I would do. :cool:
  3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

push out the pins,push the foot all the way in and re-install pins.
    it should give you enough clearance provided they set up your a-frame configuration properly. good luck PT.:)
  4. Bowlerdude

Bowlerdude Junior Member

I see you have a Chevy Truck as I do. The answer is that GM builds the Silverados with little ground clearance at the front.

The easiest solution is adjusting vehicle height by tightening the Torsion Bars on the front suspension (by about 4-5 turns) this will give you about 1- 1 1/2 more inches of ground clearance this is absolutely neccesary with the Western Ultra Mount Plows.

This give you an answer for two problems 1) your ground clearance problems 2) Vehicle Sag when you lift the plow.

5. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

just my two cents

i just purchased my second plow and i had to take the pin out of the stand and move it up one hole on both plows. They both clear without and problem now.
  6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

before I leveled out my Ford I put the pin where the instructions said to for the "B" configuration of the plow, it worked great.
    When I lifted the front 2" I put it in the new hole for the new "C" configuration and it did not work at all, I had to adjust it- as per the instructions.

Sometimes you luck out thats all.
  7. Buckeye Chuck

Move the pin up from the bottom? That seems like the opposite of what I'm thinking.
  8. Buckeye Chuck

I think it is set up correctly. Why all the way in and not one hole at a time?
    Just curious, thanks.
  9. Buckeye Chuck

Your probably right about lifting the front end.
    I don't do heavy plowing and I take the plow off everytime I'm done. Because of that and not much sag, I rather not lift or stiffen front end. Mine is not a HD but with the plow pkg. it just doesn't sag much. I'm thinking adjusting the shoes should work.
  10. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Sorry I said it the wrong way. You will want to move the pin down so the feet will be higher.