1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ServiceOnSite, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Was wondering how to tell what kind od ultra mount i have. Its a pro plus 8' and its 32'' tall but it has 3 pig tails coming off of it. Looks like one for pump power and another for controler and another for lights??? My friend has a ultra mount but his truck only has 2 pig tails coming off of it. Im lost here. Is this custom or brand new or real old???

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

both.....the stright blades are 3 plug, the newer V's and WO's are two plug. Everything now is going to two plug as of last season

3. ServiceOnSite

So the 3 plug plow cant be used on a 2 plug truck?? Do i have to convert it somehow??

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Both know/remember enough to say, its been years since I messed with a 3 plug. I know some run dual truckside wiring.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can convert yours to a 2 plug.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

2 plug has 2 different meanings now! Older 2 plug is relay style. Now there is fleet flex 2 plug.

7. ServiceOnSite

I think im more confused now than before.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There are 2 versions of the 2 plug set up. The old 2 plug that was on the unmount,,,,and the new 2 plug setup on the ultramount.

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The first few years of the Ultramount were all 2 plug relay style wiring. Same as the unimounts.

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the pro plus is regular non-fleet flex isolation module wiring. your friend's truck with two plugs could be a fleet flex isolation module set up, or if it's a really old plow that he has, it could have been one of the first ultramounts that still used relay wiring.

hope that helps you wrap your head around it. to help you more we need to know which of the two plug types of wiring he has, and what you are wanting to do. are you wanting to be able to hook your plow to your truck and to his, or what?