1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PFD117, Mar 2, 2013.

1. PFD117

PFD117 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have 2 problems

1. when ever it hits curbs it doesn't stay in place the blade turns. If its straight or turned away from the curb it turns towards it.

2. When the blade dips forward it doesn't return all the way to the completely upright position. You can tell because the guide poles are tilted forward and you can even see it in the blade itself.

Any ideas everyone?? Any help is greatly appreciated.. Thank you in advance

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

1. It is supposed to do that to help prevent damage it is the pressure releif valves.

2 you may need new springs. Is it a pro or a pro plus. My dad has a pro and his seems similar that it won't return all of the way. My plus usually returns all of the way. It also may be that there is still to much pressure on the blade to return all of the way.

3. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

1: Crossover relief valve...I would check that first, as well as fluid level and filter.
    2. Trip springs and connectors and brackets.

4. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 tony350