1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra-mount problem!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dave00diesel, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dave00diesel

dave00diesel Junior Member
    from indiana

My plow just started squalling when i try to raise or angle after i was plowing for bout an hour or so this morning. The fluid is full any suggestions? Thanx

2. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

fluid frozen?

3. dave00diesel

from indiana

Nope not when i checked it after i got it home

4. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

i heave read some other common probeblems off here but i very well could be wrong but the pick up tube maybe fell off? just from what ive read.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of plow?

6. dave00diesel

from indiana

7'6" pro. Seems like sometimes it will move a little. i pulled motor off and shaft seems fine and fluid is full.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

when you pull the motor off did you check the filter to see if it was clog??

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the filter is clogged with ice.

9. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

yep happened to me, i use that fuel treatment called HEET like a $1 at the auto parts store, throw in bout a cap full and you are good

10. dave00diesel

from indiana

i pulled the resevoir off and sure enough there was ice in it. replaced filter and fluid and cleaned screen. Havent used it for extended time yet but so far its working. Thanx for all the advice.

11. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

DOES that stuff hurt the hydraulic fluid ???

12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Personally I wouldn't put heet in a hydraulic system. I would replace the o ring. To me it would be like dumping paint thinner in your tranny fluid.