1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joeco129, Dec 16, 2007.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

After plowing all day with no issues my blade suddenly started to go up very slow... and angle very slow. Fluid level is good... Any ideas?

This happened the other day for about 15 minutes and then it was back to normal... Is there air in the system? If it is air, how is that fixed? How is it bled out?

I'm suppose to go do cleanups tonight for a bunch of commercial properties and strip malls so I am hoping to have this problem fixed...

Any help is appreciated...
  2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

What temp. are you plowing at? You may have water in your fluid. It freezes on the pickup filter. Try to force the lift ram down in float t force the ice off. If that cures the problem temporally, change the fluid. Hope that solves your problem.
  3. michdeere

michdeere Member

Changing the fluid is a good idea. But I'd also remove the motor before refilling the fluid and pull the screen off the intake of the pump (just snaps on) and clean it. You'd be surprised at the gunk you'll find on it.