1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Tom Gubelli, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Tom Gubelli

Tom Gubelli Junior Member

Don't know what happened, but never had this before. when I tried to mount plow yesterday was very difficult and today to remove seemed like reciever was bindinding popped off system with crow bar How would I check to see if it is an allignment problem or what else could it be ? also How would I check chain adjustment

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Are you pushing the lift ram down fulley before you attempt to dismount the plow?? I have found that mine will bind up some if the ram is not pushed down...

3. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he went to back away from his UltraMount and the forks wouldn't slide out of the receiver brackets. He ended up re-mounting the plow, raised/lowered and angled the blade a bunch of times to get it loose. I'll pass on your advice to him and see if that helps him.

Ryan