1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount Plow raises, won't angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morton4763, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Morton4763

Morton4763 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Western Ultra Mount will raise and won't angle. When I hit the left angle the plow raises. When I hit the right button it jerks right a bit then stops. This plow has all new wiring. I had it switched from a relay to iso module last spring. Everything worked fine when I stored the plow for summer. Does this sound like a solenoid problem or wiring? With my old plow wiring the pins were all worn so I had trouble like this because the pins would were worn and I had to wiggle the plugs and zip tie them in place to stay. Don't figure the new connectors would have this problem. Any help to trouble shoot this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

Bad connections and a short check each wire

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

S2 valve isn't being shifted. You can check the S2 for magnetism but I'm sure you'll find it doesn't have any. Wiring issue most likely.

4. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I had the same issue with mine when i had it and it ended up being a bad controller