1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount now only angles right.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sinc71, Dec 30, 2011.

1. sinc71

sinc71 Junior Member

My Ultra Mount Pro (older relay model) was working fine. Suddenly, now it only angles right, even when pressing left or up on control. Scanning service manual now, any ideas where to start looking?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not shifting the S3 valve. Start with checking the S3 coil for mag while a helper runs the controller. You'll probably find there's no mag so move on to checking the wiring. Start with the ground right on the S3 coil and then move on to the light blue wire checking for power, and if it has none move on to checking/cleaning the grill connector and while you're there check that the wire isn't broken right behind either side of the plug, pretty common issue. You can continue on all the way to the controller plug until you find power again. If there's nothing even right at the controller plug then either the controller is faulty or the wire is broken in the controller cord.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

yep,,,,,,,,,what B&B said ^^^^^^^

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

x3 on that. I love it when you see a problem on the general board, go to post the solution and it is already done.

5. dieselss

then go look under the ford one for mine phil......still havent gotta good answer

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

not sure if you have noticed my area of knowledge is limited to GM.

Only thing I know about Fords is that they circled the problem on the grill for you and a hammer and a gas wrench is the only way to fix them. :laughing:

7. dieselss

:laughing:
    i like that!!!!!!!!!!
    but you cant tell me that you have never used a hammer or blue wrench on your bow ties???
    i have yet to replace my dipstick tube, window track, :eek: lol just had to

8. sinc71

sinc71 Junior Member

Bad Contoller

Looks like it's a bad controller thats not activating the S2 & S3 cartridge valves properly. It will activate the pump and the S1 (down) valve. I removed and inspected/tested all 3 catridge valves, all OK. I then tested with temporary jumper wires from the solenoid positive power to the S2 & S3 valves in various configuations and indeed the plow mechanicals all work OK.

9. dieselss

that wasnt so bad...do you have a hand held or square?
    dont know your parts ava. up there but just buying the circut boards are usually cheaper