1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount not responding to handheld controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Shade Tree NJ, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

I have an 03 F-550 ultra mount with a 4 port isolation module. Went yesturday to but an ultra mount from someone who had a 08 F-350 with a three port isolation module.

Problem was when I connected every up, my truckside three plug, plow three plug set up, the controller would only only move the plow to the right, even when pressing button to raise it. Was using his controller from the 08 in my 03. been searching online and can not figure out why it doesnt work properly. Any help as to what the problem is is greatly appreciated!!!!

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe his controller is bad... not uncommon. Try another controller.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If it only moves to the right then none of the valves are working. If you start the pump without opening any valves thats what happens, it angles right. Despite the fact that one is three port iso mod and the other was four there should be no problem. These two systems are interchangable. As soon as the headlights are plugged in the controller will become active. If the main power to the motor is connected the pump will spin but if the third one is not plugged in the valves will not be recieving any power and it will only angle right. The same will happen if the ground wire from the valves to the negative post of the motor is broken or disconnected. Check that plug and the ground wire.

4. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

will give that a try and see if it works.

thanks for info!

5. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

i had the same problem and it was the board in the controller 145.00