1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount motor running after button is released

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by leeddog65, Jan 31, 2014.

1. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

I have an older style, 3 plug ultra mount. Works fine, I think the cold hurt it a bit.

Occassionally, after you release the button, any of them other then down, the motor continues to run and the plow wants to go up and or right.

Any suggestions?

Jimmy

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Test light the small terminals at the solenoid. Find out if the solenoid is staying on cause its bad or if its getting signal to stay on.

3. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Ok, didn't feel like testing(don't know how and just lazy) so I switched solenoids and still running so Im thinking another issue, ideas? suggestions? Type slowly and don't use big words....lol

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Controller or short in a wire.

5. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Controller less then a year old, Ill be pissed....definitely a possibility, but can there be underlying problem causing controller to be going bad?
    Just trying to eliminate possibilities?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Controller or wiring

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Spilled drink on the controller makes the buttons stick. You can take them apart and clean under the rubber cover. Even a brand new controller will stick if you spill pop or sweet coffee on it. Happens more than you would think....

8. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Yeah, put OLD controller on it, still doesn't work right, bt seems to be controller. Thanks for the help, its a truck I don't personally drive, so who knows what may have happened, Ill clean them ALL up after this snow passes.

9. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I had the same issue with my mvp. Was also told controller, mine was 3 yrs old. Bought a new one and then found some wires that were crushed in the loom. Not saying it wasn't partly the controller. I would take a look over all wiring real good first. Before spending the outrageous money they want for the controllers.

10. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Parts are covered by a 1 year warranty

11. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Definitely controller, one year warranty from Western?