1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount light isssue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowbuster1, Dec 21, 2012.

1. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

I just switched my two plug relay too a three plug module setup. When I turn my dim lights on from bright my high beam light in my dash is faint and the lights don't seem as bright as they were with the relay system. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

kinda truck??? how many headlights??
    more info

3. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Sorry its a 05 Ford f250 diesel. One headlight. I had to re wire my plow side from a 2 plug to a 3. Then I put a 3 port ISO mod. On my truck

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Was the wiring setup on a Dodge previously?

5. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

No it was off a ford. Would a dodge light plug fit a cords?

6. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Sorry stupid auto correct. Fords

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

only if there the same bulb, and have the same switching set up ie. pwr or gnd switched

8. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

I believe that my truck has the h13 bulb on it

9. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Found the problem. On the plow side I had some wires wrong . I wired it for what western calls the 12 pin white strain and I I guess I have the 12 pin black strain. All good and ready to go. First chance to push tomorrow I hope.