1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount light harness hookup help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bwbigred, Dec 3, 2008.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i got a 2005 f250 ford just got a used ultramount setup i kno from the isolation harness the brown is the running lights and purple are turn signals it is prob a dumb question but what color on each side do i hook the turn signal wire up to i just dont want to mess anything up thanks and same with the brown running light wire also

2. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Grab a test light and tap in to see which is which. I can't recall but it's easy enough to find out.

3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Just go to Westerns website and D-load the wiring schematics. Everything you need will be there.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not for the truck side colors their not...

Here's what you need:

• Parking Lts - Brown
    • L turn - Light green/white
    • R -turn - White/Light blue

Be sure to double check them with a test light. Ford loves to change the wiring colors codes in the middle of a run.

5. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

HA! must be a Ford....J/K

6. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

well i hooked up all the wires to the right colors using scotch locks hooked the plow up and i still dont have running or turn signals mayb the connectors did not get a good bite im wondering or could it be somethine else any ideas?? thanks

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I know this doesnt solve your problem... but where did you mount your iso. module and the solenoid?

8. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i made alum. brackets that bolted to inside passanger fender so the module layed flat over the existing wire harness