1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount isolation Mod

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dailylc, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Went to plug in the 11 prong connector under the hood and the isolation mod. makes a clicking noise, like a solinoid activating. On top of that the controller powers up in the cab without the key on. Any sugestions on what might be wrong.

Thanks ,
    James

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a fresh install or a transfer?

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

This unit has been on the truck for 3 yrs. This problem may have started last year. After my one and only push in Feb. the truck sat for a day hooked up in the shop and the battery went dead. So it is drawing power from the battery. I have checked all the wire runs to make sure there is no shorts and all looks good.

Thanks,
    James

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it possible that the 12V ignition wire that feeds the harness got moved to a constant hot source in the fuse panel?

If not, then the only other thing that can really cause this is a defective Iso module (internal relay stuck on) which is what it sounds like is going on as your controller shouldn't light up with the key off.

5. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Thank You B&B. I will take a look at the 12v supply and make sure it has'nt been moved. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
    James

6. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

B&B Thank You for all your help on my problem. It turned out to be the wire in the fuse panel was wired to a constant hot. Thanks again for all your knowledgeable help.

James:drinkup::waving: