1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra-mount height

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 93redneck150, May 13, 2008.

1. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

I have a 2004 f-250 with an 8.6 western ultramount v-plow. i want to make the truck sit a little higher either with the 2.5 inch leveling kit or the 4 inch kit, my question is if there is enough adjustment in the ultra mount to allow for this. i did the 2.5 inch kit on my 02 with the unimount with no problems but im not all that familiar with the ultramounts.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Your plow should be at a 3 height setting now. You should beable to get away with a 2.5" lift. But thats is going to be the max. You will need to take the plow apart and readjust the plow height setting to a 4 and then readjust the level (front to back) setting on the plow. Its all in your owners manul in how to do it. Big tools and pb blaster will be needed.
  3. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

Thanks for the info i guess ill be going with the 2.5 inch kit then.