1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount grill gaurd

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by theboss13f, Mar 10, 2010.

1. theboss13f

theboss13f Junior Member

quick question. has anyone seen and or made a grill guard that would fit in the western ultar mount brakets for the summer months? I've search it but could only come up this the fisher protube and some stuff for the boss mounts but nothing for western. any help or picture would be great

2. ddumont2009

ddumont2009 Junior Member

3. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Pretty sure that's not what he meant.

I've been thinking of fabricating something along those lines, more for utility than style, I'm pretty sure I've seen a winch mount that installs like that.

If you have a grille guard in mind it probably wouldn't be TOO crazy to make something up, especially if it's meant to mount where the tow hooks mount. or somewhere down low where the ultramount brackets are.

-Jer

4. undertaker519

undertaker519 Junior Member

hey thats a great idea thanx ..i think i will fabricate a set for my dodge and get them chrome dipped thanx again

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Cool, post pics of the progress and finished product!

-Jer

6. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

definately want to see the end product, been looking for something to dress up the front in the summer

7. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

A buddy of mine has one on his/his dad's dump truck. goes right into his unimount, and is held in by the stock pins. Apperenty its pretty heavy duty, that truck doesn't brake really well when loaded, and ended up rear ending a car in the rain, no damage was sustained to the truck but the car was totaled. I'm going to guess that is because they used some pretty thick steel when they made this.

Hope this helps,

John

Jake.jpg