1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ultra mount deal question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nathanader, Oct 25, 2015.

1. nathanader

nathanader Junior Member

I have a chance to buy an older ultra mount setup with a junk 7 1/2 ft blade. Can I replace that blade with an older 7 1/2ft unmount blade? The whole plow side complete for under 1,000.00. The price includes the truck side harness. The rest of the unit looks pretty decent except it needs sandbags and paint. Should I pull the trigger or is there any other concerns?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

So you want to mount a uni-mount in a Ultramount, is that ur question?

If so, yes. You'll need the adapter that Western sells

Or are you looking to switch moldboard?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking about just the molboard?

4. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

If you're talking mold board, yes you can as long as the plows are similar in build. Meaning not a poly going onto pro board. Just have to measure it out and make sure all of the connections are similar. I've done a couple of these.

5. nathanader

nathanader Junior Member

Yes, just want to swap out the moldboard. I know I can find a good used older moldboard in good shape to replace the rusted out moldboard on the ultra mount that I want to buy.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I know they used unimount style moldboards for the early years, nearlybird, or western1, or misnick or kimber might know for sure, maybe look them up (fyi need 10 posts to pm)

7. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

I have a couple mold boards that are decent, two 9 footers and both will fit. I am a bit far from you though.

8. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

Yup, at least up til they moved to the 3 plug system and possibly up to fleet flex.

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

need to know what the two blades are. yes, it may be possible. If you get the number of ribs and the number of springs on each, and I'll figure it out for you. or if you have pics.
    If one is a standard blade (four ribs, two springs, no shock, quadrant hooks up at just two points), and the other is a pro of some sort (7 ribs, 3 or 4 springs, one shock, quadrant hooks up with three bolts), then it's not going to just go right on there.

10. nathanader

nathanader Junior Member

I don't have pics but it looks like both have 7 ribs and they both have 3 mounting points across the bottom. The ultra has 4 springs and the older uni has 3 springs.

11. bmc1025

bmc1025 Member

They will swap then just use the springs from your quadrant.

12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yep, you should be all good then!