1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount conversion? Can't find info.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lake Effect, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Lake Effect

Lake Effect Junior Member

I've searched all over and find only a few references to the unimount to ultramount conversion. Western doesn't have anything on their site. I'd like to convert my 8' unimount proplow but am curious about cost. Anyone do this?

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Is this what you are talking about?
    You don't actually convert the plow, you just get the ultramount put on your truck and then use the adapter to mount the old unimount blade to the ultra mount on the truckside.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=23110

3. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

Western does not make an adapter to go from unimount to ultramount. They do make one for the ultramount to the unimount. I was looking for the same thing but they dont make one.

4. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

You have to check new wiring harness veres old. They will not work with all the new plows. depending on the old relay veres modulars.