1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount being moody!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cleansweep007, Dec 5, 2010.

1. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Ran my ultra mount yesterday during a snow storm with no problems. Today I hop in the truck to head out and reach for the controller to raise the blade and nothing I could hear the solenoid clicking but with no raise or side to side action. Try again and nothing. So I hop out check all my connections (3 plug system) and everything looks great. I open up the hood and check everything looks good no loose connections and try again and nothing. Frustrated I hop out unplug the 3 ports and plug back in and she raises right up with no issues. Running fine not but a bit stumped but don't feel comfortable just leaving it that way. Any ideas from my fellow plowers would be appreciated!!!
  2. michdeere

michdeere Member

Clean your connection in the vehicle control harness (truck side AND plow side). I think there are seven pins in this one. It controls the plow movement. The other multi-pin connector is for the headlights, and the 2 pin (black/red) cable is the power feed. Coat it with dielectric grease after cleaning. That should take care of it.