1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra mount angles won't hold

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gary Alford, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Gary Alford

Gary Alford Junior Member
    from Mi.

This is a 2003 model,you can hand push the 7.5' poly blade left or right. I tried a new hand controller I have with no luck, I also removed the cushion and pilot valves and they look ok. The next step is to try a couple of angle cyls from another plow to see if they will hold, any other ideas? I also checked the angle solonoid and the O-rings look good and it is operateing ok, The plow works ok, but the cyls won't hold.

2. 86f350

86f350 Member

i had the same problem with my unimount. Everything looked good but i replaced the cushion valves and it solved the problem and only about $20

3. Gary Alford

Gary Alford Junior Member
    from Mi.

Thanks I will give it a try.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Before you go out and buy a cushion valve, I would check the "S2" (solenoid cartridge) valve to see if it is stuck, or not spooling, power to the valve ( maybe the wire is not making good contact) or a foreign material inside the channel. It is the middle valve behind the cover.

Here is the mechanic's guide pdf
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/27097_061503_web.pdf

5. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I had the same problem, had air in the system, let the lift ram bottom out then angle back and forth a couple of times should work

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm with twin. Follow the trouble shooting guide in that manual. There is a passage on your exact problem.