1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Mount 2 wire setup to Ultra Mount 3 wire Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2003ctd, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

My truck is set up to run a 2 wire ultra mount, I just picked up a new 3 wire ultra mount with the new headlights. My question is, are there any ways to adapt the 3 wire system to my 2 wire, without changing the harness on the plow?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look's like your going to have to change the truck side over to a 3 plug setup, as Western doesn't make a 3 to 2 plug adapter....you'll need to change both the battery and control harness's.

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

What would need to be done if you want to change both the truck and plow from a 2 plug setup to a 3 pulg set up.

Reason being, one truck and plow is 2 plug and the other truck and plow is 3 plug and I would like both of the trucks to be interchangeable with the plows.

Thanks.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd need to change the harness's but you can use the same Iso mod..

Just depends on which specific plow (straight or V) and what the truck is configured for as to what specific p/n's you'd need.

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

both straight blades. can someone guide me to what i need? Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Western p/n's

Plow side harness 26359
    Truck side harness 26345