1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Compatability Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jgramlich, May 4, 2012.

1. Jgramlich

Jgramlich Senior Member

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I would think the truck has a 3 plug setup being that it's only 2 years old or the wiring is 2 years old. AS for the wiring on the plow it may be a 2 plug being it still has the older lights on it. If thats the case you would want to rewire the plow side and stay with the 3 plug setup.

3. Jgramlich

Jgramlich Senior Member

Thanks. How hard is it to rewire the plow side? any kits out there?

4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

So is the plow a 2 plug like I was thinking? You will need a head ligth wiring harnes and a 3 wire harnes as well as the wiring for the pump. I'm not sure if the is a wiring harnes made for the older lights that are on the plow now so you may have to rewire the new harnes or also upgrade the the newer head lights for the plow. I upgraded my head lights on my fisher so I didn't have that problem. I think I have all the parts you would need, but I want know until tomorrow. I would have to look and see. It's not hard to do. The hard part is getting the cover off of the where the control wires are on the pump.